Urban Operations for the Law Enforcement / Police Sniper Class
The basic sniper course is designed for new or entry level law enforcement/police snipers and explains the difference between the military and police sniper, with the primary focus being the training and operation of a police sniper in an urban environment. The course begins with classroom topics covering the role of the sniper on a SWAT/Tactical Team.
Major areas of emphasis during this 40 hour course of instruction are:
- The Role of the Sniper on an Urban SWAT team
- Proper Fit of Rifle and Zeroing
- Marksmanship and Manipulation Fundamentals
- Target Identification and Threat Discrimination
- Use of Cover, Concealment, and the Building and Use of Urban and Vehicle Hides
- Shooting from inside Urban and Vehicle Hides (where and when available)
- Discussion and Live fire shooting through intermediate barriers (ie…glass)
- Positional and Unsupported Shooting
- Proper gear and vehicle set up for rapid deployment
- Use of Data Book Documentation
- Numerous Courses of Live Fire and Scenario Based “blank” fire are incorporated during the week, under static and emergency call out, stress induced situations.
PLEASE NOTE: Students are required to successfully pass a sniper qualification course of fire. Students are given two attempts to pass the rifle qualification. Certification will not be given unless the student successfully passes the rifle qualification.
TAC*ONE Consulting is currently looking for host agencies. Hosting is a cost effective way to bring quality training to your area!
Cost: $775.00 per student